Stanford Medical Centre
175 Preston Road
Telephone: 01273 557411
Islingword Road Surgery
79 Islingword Road
Telephone: 01273 681971
University of Brighton
Telephone: 01273 642864
Contact Us Online
- Stanford Medical Centre: Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 18:00 (Appointments are usually offered between 08:00 and 17:30)
- Islingword Road Surgery: Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 11:30 then 14:00 to 17:30 (Appointments are usually offered between 08:30 and 17:30)
- Cockcroft (University of Brighton Students): Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 12:00 (Only during term time)
Please note that our phones lines close from 12:30pm-2:00pm for lunch.
Out Of Hours
For urgent medical help between the hours of 18:00 – 18:30 which cannot wait for the Practice to re-open please call 0300 5555 252.
For medical assistance during Practice closures after 18:30 which cannot wait for the Practice to re-open please call 111.
Think Green When Visiting
Stanford Medical Centre
- Train: Brighton train station is approximately a 20 minute walk to Stanford Medical Centre. Preston Park train station is approximately 15 minute walk to Stanford Medical Centre.
- Bus: Both the 5 and 5A bus have stops directly outside of Stanford Medical Centre, approximately a 15 minute journey from Brighton town centre.
- Cycle: Bike racks are on site.
- Train: Brighton train station is approximately a 30 minute walk to our Islingword Road branch surgery.
- Bus: The 18, 23 and 27B City Buzz service have stops on Queens Park round, just round the corner from the Islingword Road Branch surgery.
- Train: Moulsecoomb train station sits just behind the university medical centre and is accessible on foot, taking approximately 5 mintes.
- Bus: The 23, 25, N25 and Regency routes run directly to the university medical centre, the closest bus stop is approximately 2 minutes away.
The car park at 175 Preston Road has a camera controlled car park management system
To use the car park you must enter your registration number into one of the screens at the reception desks or on the ground floor.
There is currently some limited parking so we ask our patients to please leave plenty of time before their appointment to ensure they have a parking space either on or off site. This allows patients to arrive on time for their appointment
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and are grateful for your understanding
If you have come to the surgery for an appointment and forgotten to put in your registration you will have received a fine. Please email us using our secure online form with a photo of the letter you received stating your fine. We can then provide you with proof that you were here for an appointment. You will be able to print this off and send it with your appeal in the post
- Please note if you were not here for an appointment or not one of our patients we cannot provide any evidence for you. Please do not use the car park for the services at 177 Preston Road or for Preston Road
- Please note there are bike racks near the entrance for you to use, if you can come by bike
How To Access Our Services
Find the best way to get the help you need on our appointments page
Order Repeat Prescriptions
Order your repeat prescription via our online services on our Repeat Prescriptions page
Register As A Patient
Chasing Up Referrals
If you have been referred by your GP to an external service and you are needing to chase it up, please visit our Chasing Up Referrals page for helpful information and numbers
Join the Patient Group
The Practice strives to provide excellent healthcare. We welcome constructive feedback and suggestions to help shape our services to serve the needs of all of our patients. Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) meets at the practice quarterly to provide a forum for discussion about the practice. For more information, please see our Patient Group pages.
Find out when the surgery is closed on our Events and Closures page
Make A Complaint
If you have a complaint or concern about the service you receive from the doctors, nurses or staff working at this Practice, you are entitled to ask for a discussion about this. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS complaints system. See our complaints procedure for further information
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.