Notice to Patients
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (23/03/20)
FOLLOWING ADVICE FROM OUR CCG, WE ARE CANCELLING ALL PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENTS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. We will only be carrying out essential activity. Your understanding during this time is much appreciated.
ANYONE WITH COUGH OR FEVER >37.8 AND THEIR FAMILY NEEDS TO SELF ISOLATE AT HOME AS PER THE NHS GUIDANCE.
Do NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111/us to advise you're staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
NHS England have advised us to move to a total triage service. This means you will not be able to book face to face appointments. A doctor will speak to you and if they feel you need to be seen, you will be given an appointment. Please ring in to book a telephone appointment.
How can you help?
- Pleasedo not come into the surgery - telephone first
- Self-manageminor ailments at home. Click here for advice or look at the When Should I Worry? leaflet
- Self-certifyfor the first 7 days off work. Click here for a self-isolation note
- Request prescriptions onlineor via SystmOne or NHS
- If you are expecting a telephone call, please keep your phone near you and answer it. The call will be from a withheld number
- If you are told to come to the surgery,please come on your own/with one other person if you are unable to come alone. Leave all children etc at home.
- DO NOT ASK FOR TESTING. This is not available via a GP surgery.
Useful Links for Reliable Information regarding Coronavirus
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations and previous illnesses
- view test results
We recommend seeing the same Doctor for continuity.
Please note that due to the complicated nurses system you cannot book nurses appointment online. please contact the nurses reception to book these in.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
To sign up please come to the desk the next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and an email address that your log in details can be sent to. We must see a photo ID as the online access gives you access to confidential information.